OFFICIAL RULES. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER TO WIN.
STARS AND STRIPES PACIFIC How Many Candies Are in the Jar Promotion (the "Promotion") is open to current U.S. government ID cardholders or authorized dependents, age 18 or older. Non-U.S. government ID cardholders are ineligible for participation.
Employees, to include news carriers and/or family members, of STARS AND STRIPES, or their partners, affiliates, subsidiaries, distributors, retailers, advertising and promotion agencies are not eligible to participate.
You must have a Facebook account to participate in this Promotion. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. By entering, you agree that you understand that you are providing your information to the owner of the Stripes Pacific Facebook page and not to Facebook.
The entry period for the Promotion starts at 12:01 AM JST on November 22, 2021 and ends at 11:59 PM JST on December 5, 2021.
Void where prohibited by law. No purchase necessary to enter or win.
How to enter the "How Many Candies in the Jar Promotion":
1) Go to the Stripes Pacific Facebook page to enter for a chance to win. Only one entry is permitted per eligible participant per Promotion. Entering more than once may make the participant ineligible for prizes. Duplicate entries will be discarded. Any comment deemed inappropriate will be removed at the sole discretion of Stars and Stripes.
2) Look for the “How Many Candies in the Jar Promotion” post and submit your guess in the comments below the post.
Selection of prize recipient:
One (1) person who guesses the exact total number of candies in the jar will receive (1) $75 Amazon gift card (the grand prize,) and one (1) person who guesses the closest number will receive (1) $25 Amazon gift card (the second prize.)
If there is more than one exact guess, a random drawing will be held to determine the grand prize winner and the second prize winner. If there is one exact guess and a tie among the closest guesses, a random drawing will be held to determine the second prize winner.
If the exact number of candies is not guessed, the four (4) individuals with the closest guesses will receive one (1) each of $25 Amazon gift card. If there is a tie among the closest guesses, the winner(s) will be selected by a random drawing of those tied for closest guess until four (4) prizes have been awarded.
One (1) $75 Amazon gift card to the grand prize winner.
One (1) $25 Amazon gift card to the second prize winner.
If the exact number of candies is not guessed, no grand prize or second prize will be awarded. Instead, four (4) $25 Amazon gift cards to the winners with the closest guesses will be awarded.
STARS AND STRIPES will pay all costs related to shipping of prizes to the address furnished by the recipients in the process of prize recipient notification.
Prize recipient notification:
1) Each participant whose entry is selected for a prize will be notified on or about December 6, 2021.
2) Each prize recipient will be notified via Facebook message and asked to send an email to STARS AND STRIPES including his/her full name and e-mail address.
3) All prize recipients will be required to respond to the notification and provide such additional information as may be requested by STARS AND STRIPES in order to receive their prize. If a recipient does not respond within five (5) business days from the time of notification, the prize shall be forfeited and another recipient may be selected.
4) Prize recipients may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility in order to claim the prize. Additional verification may be required and will be identified in writing at the time of prize recipient notification. Failure to provide STARS AND STRIPES with the required verification within five (5) business days of the date the request is made will cause the prize to be forfeited and another recipient may be selected.
5) Personal information collected during the entry process will remain the property of STARS AND STRIPES and will not be released to third parties. All participants agree that STARS AND STRIPES may use the information submitted for the Promotion in promotional activities.
6) STARS AND STRIPES assumes no liability for unclaimed prizes and/or prizes that are returned to sender.
STARS AND STRIPES may publish the name, rank, location and photo (U.S. military base/city/state) of the prize recipients, and any quotation that they are willing to provide for use by STARS AND STRIPES. Prize recipients may be required to sign and return a release of liability, declaration of eligibility and, where lawful, a publicity consent agreement ("Required Agreements") at the time the recipient claims a prize. If a selected prize recipient cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim a prize, or fails to sign and return the Required Agreements, an alternate prize recipient may be selected at the sole discretion of STARS AND STRIPES.
General terms and conditions:
Stars and Stripes shall be solely responsible for counting and determining the number of candies in the jar.
Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. By entering, each participant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and decisions of STARS AND STRIPES, which shall be final. STARS AND STRIPES, along with its agents and representatives, affiliates, advertising, promotion, and fulfillment agencies, and legal advisors are not responsible for and shall not be liable for (1) late, lost, delayed, damaged, misdirected, incomplete, illegible or unintelligible entries; (2) telephone, electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet, or computer malfunctions, failures, or difficulties of any kind; (3) failed, incomplete, garbled, or delayed computer transmissions and/or electronic mail; (4) any condition caused by events beyond the control of STARS AND STRIPES that may cause the Promotion entries to be disrupted or corrupted; (5) any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of the prize or its acceptance, or from participation in the Promotion; or (6) any human error or printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Promotion. The maximum liability for STARS AND STRIPES for any violation of its duties relating to this offer shall be the value of the prize the participant should have been awarded.
No assignment or transfer of prizes will be permitted, except at STARS AND STRIPES’ sole discretion. Winners are solely responsible for all federal, state and local taxes associated with the receipt of prizes.
STARS AND STRIPES reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to suspend or cancel the Promotion at any time.
At its sole discretion STARS AND STRIPES may prohibit any person from participating in this Promotion or any future STARS AND STRIPES event or promotion if STARS AND STRIPES has reason to believe that person deliberately or repeatedly disregards the Promotion rules. In the event of any dispute regarding submission of an online entry, the entry will be deemed the property of the authorized account holder of the e-mail address supplied at the time of entry.
By participating in the Promotion, each participant agrees to release and hold harmless STARS AND STRIPES, and the employees, officers, directors, shareholders, agents, representatives of STARS AND STRIPES, their affiliates, advertising, promotion and fulfillment agencies and legal advisors from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, and actions of any kind in connection with the Promotion or resulting from participation in or acceptance of any prize, including, without limitation, personal injury, death, and property damage and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy.
By participating in the Promotion you hereby represent and warrant that you have read and understood the terms and conditions of these general terms and conditions.
Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Promotion or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the US District Court for the District of Columbia.
PRIVACY STATEMENT: AUTHORITY: Section 552a, Title 5, United States Code; Section 3013, Title 10, United States Code; Executive Order NO. 9397; Army Regulation 215-1. PRINCIPAL PURPOSES: The primary use of the information provided by participants is to select and contact potential winners. Additionally, the information will be used to issue any 1099 required for reporting of prizes to the IRS. All federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winners.
DISCLOSURE IS VOLUNTARY: There is no obligation to provide any information; however, failure to provide the requested information may result in the contest participant being deemed ineligible to win or to be awarded a prize.
Name of prize recipient:
For the name of the prize recipient, send a self-addressed stamped envelope by March 1, 2022, to:
Stars and Stripes Pacific
Attn: Engagement Marketing How Many Candies Are in the Jar Promotion
APO, AP 96301